Come to the new Lanier German Club!
Learn about German language and culture in a fun atmosphere. Fairfax High School German students and teacher Mr. Williams will lead the first German Club on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 3:30 in room 154. There will be food! Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/LanierGerman to let us know you will be coming!
Boot Camp/Pin Dodge – Monday – 2:25-4:25PM – Meet in Gym
Boot Camp/Weight Room – Thursday – 2:25-4:25PM – Meet in Aux. Gym
Boot Camp is a program designed to help all students reach a higher level of personal fitness. We will incorporate all elements of fitness including: speed, quickness, agility, explosiveness and strength. We will work with multiple types of fitness equipment, plus utilize the weight room. The program is designed to accommodate students of all levels of fitness and help them reach new personal bests.
Boot Camp is limited to 24 students on Monday and 24 students on Thursday for the 2nd Sign-up online below.
Our 2nd Quarter Intramural on Thursdays will be 5v5 Basketball from 2:25-4:25PM!
- 5v5 Basketball League on Thursdays – Late bus transportation available
- Up to 7 Players on a Team
- Team sign-ups begin on 11/2 – Get a team sign-up form during lunch
- Thursday, 11/9 will be an Open Gym Basketball day
- Regular Season will run from 11/16 – 1/4
- Playoffs will take place on 1/11
- Student Championship and Teacher Game will take place on 1/18
Students can come to the gym after-late buses on Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays and play a variety of informal pickup games. Teams will be formed with the students who attend each day. For the 1st Quarter, we will follow the following schedule:
- Monday – Pickup Basketball
- Wednesday – Pickup Futsal
- Thursday – Pickup Futsal
- Parents should pickup students NLT 5:45 at Door 7
Students who attend Eco Club will have the opportunity to:
- Enhance environmental stewardship skills
- Participate in maintaining outdoor living classroom, vegetable garden, and learn about various ecosystems and our interdependence on them
- Apply content learned in class to real life problem solving experience
- Participate in regional and national environmental competitions.
Eco Club meets from 2:25-4:25 in Room 105 on Wednesday and Room 116 on Thursday. There is no sign-up required for Eco Club.
During the 1st Quarter, Lanier Intramural Sports will offer a Floor Hockey League for students. Student teams will play a 5v5 Regular Season culminating in Playoffs at the end of the season.
- Week of 9/18 – Team Sign-up sheets distributed during lunch
- 9/25 – Team Sign-up Sheet Deadline
- 9/28 – 10/12 – Regular Season
- 10/19 – Playoffs
- 10/26 – Teacher vs. Student Game
National History Day
Each year more than half a million students participate in the National History Day Contest! Students will choose a historical topic related to the annual theme, and then conduct primary and secondary research. This year’s theme is “Conflict and Compromise”. Students will also complete a culminating project to enter in the National History Day competition.
- Thursdays, 2:25-3:25
- First Meeting: Thursday, September 21st
- Rm. 104
- Sign-up below – sign up is limited to 25 students!