Eco Club will provide students with a variety of experiences:
- Opportunity to explore and devise solutions for real community needs.
- Students will learn about the ways in which we as individuals, families, and communities, consume and dispose.
- Students will develop an awareness of their place in the problem as well as their ability to have a positive impact on the environment.
- Participate in award winning regional and national contests.
- Great opportunity for hands-on learning experience.
- Plant and maintain vegetable garden, build a rain garden, dry bed stream, etc.
Students who participate will also have an opportunity to earn service learning credits.
No sign-up required – Just drop in!
Are you a parent interested in volunteering in Eco Club? Sign-up below and Mrs. Alam will contact you with information!
Students will engage in STEM projects connected to real life problem solving. Students will be able to apply content learned in class to real life application – “Discover the exciting science and technology advances happening around us through fun hands-on activities and discussions!”.
- Meeting Day/Time: Monday, 2:25-4:25
- Rm. 116
- Mondays (5): 11/13, 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 1/8
- Limited to 25 students for the 2nd Quarter – sign-up now!
Every single student at Lanier Middle School will need to complete a Service Project of some sort during the 2017-18 School Year. Whether it is an 8th Grade Community Project or a 7th Grade Eco-Stewardship project we will help you find a workable project, plan it out, and organize a schedule and details needed for completion. Starting these projects and mapping out a course to completion in order to meet required hours and project details, and organizing for your final presentation or submission can seem overwhelming… let us help you!
- Wednesday, 2:25-4:25
- Rm. 110
- First Meeting: Wednesday, September 20th
- Last Meeting: Wednesday, October 25th
- Limited to 20 students for 1st quarter – Sign-up below!