Josh (Dream Team) led his team in wins over OP Elites and Supreme Gods with tough, organized defending. Dream Team are currently tied for 1st place.
Sahil (FCF) led FCF over 8th Grade opposition with silky skills and physical defending. FCF are currently tied for 1st place.
Week 1 Results – Winners in Bold
Galaxy Stars vs. Pogboom!
Gucci Honcho vs. Sistas B4 Mistas
Turtle FC vs. Madhouse – Tie
OP Elites vs. FCF
Dream Team vs. Supreme Gods
Galaxy Stars vs. Gucci Honcho
Turtle FC vs. Pogboom!
Madhouse vs. Sistas B4 Mistas
Dream Team vs. OP Elites
Supreme Gods vs. FCF
Our 2nd Quarter Intramural on Wednesdays will be Futsal from 2:25-4:25PM!
- 5v5 Futsal League on Wednesdays – Late bus transportation available
- Up to 7 Players on a Team
- Team sign-ups begin on 11/1 – Get a team sign-up form during lunch
- Wednesday, 11/8 will be an Open Gym Futsal day
- Regular Season will run from 11/15 – 1/3
- Playoffs will take place on 1/10
- Student Championship and Teacher Game will take place on 1/17
Students can come to the gym after-late buses on Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays and play a variety of informal pickup games. Teams will be formed with the students who attend each day. For the 1st Quarter, we will follow the following schedule:
- Monday – Pickup Basketball
- Wednesday – Pickup Futsal
- Thursday – Pickup Futsal
- Parents should pickup students NLT 5:45 at Door 7
Tuesday & Friday
2:25-4:00 – Pink
4:00-5:30 – Blue
Lanier Futsal Academy meets on Tuesday and Friday in seasons during the Fall, Winter and Spring. Students who participate will have the opportunity to improve their technical skills and tactical knowledge while playing the fun and fast paced game of futsal! Our curriculum is designed to give players the tools they need to be successful through technical drills, possession based activities and small sided games. Each Futsal Academy season is open to ~30 students and is broken down into 2 groups based on ability. Tryouts occur at the beginning of each season – Fall, Winter, Spring. Tryout Sign-up will be available on the after-school website before each season.
Tryouts for the Fall Futsal Academy will occur on the following dates:
Friday, September 8 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Tuesday, September 12 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Friday, September 15 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Students can register for a tryout using the form below. Due to limited space, students who register for a tryout will be given one tryout date.
Futsal Pickup will take place from 2:30-4:30PM in the Lanier Gym on the following dates:
Tuesday – 8/29
Thurday – 8/31
Tuesday – 9/5
Thursday – 9/7
- Come play for fun! – informal small sided games
- There is no sign-up required for this activity
- Students should meet in the gym ready to play at 2:30PM
- This is an indoor activity – sneakers or indoor shoes only – NO cleats
- There are no late buses for these 4 Futsal Pickup dates – students who participate will need to arrange a ride by 4:30PM (bring your car around to the gym entrance by Door 5). Students who do not have a ride by 4:30PM will not be able to participate.