Wednesday 3v3 Futsal – 2:25-4:25pm
- Season – February 7th – March 21st
- Student Championships – April 4th
- Team spaces still available – see Mr. Dejo during lunch
Thursday 7v7 Flag Football – 2:25-4:25pm
- Season – February 8th – March 22nd
- Student Championships – April 5th
Galaxy Stars are Intramural Futsal I Champions
Another successful season of Intramurals came to a close last week. The student championship for Intramural Futsal I was contested between #1 seed, Pogboom!, and #2 seed, Galaxy Stars. Galaxy Stars were able to overcome an early deficit to win 5-3! In the Intramural Basketball I student championship, Manz Not Hot attempted to make history as the first pure 7th Grade team to win an Intramural Championship. They fell short 65-60 against the Flying Phantoms who never trailed in the game.
Josh (Dream Team) led his team in wins over OP Elites and Supreme Gods with tough, organized defending. Dream Team are currently tied for 1st place.
Sahil (FCF) led FCF over 8th Grade opposition with silky skills and physical defending. FCF are currently tied for 1st place.
Week 1 Results – Winners in Bold
Galaxy Stars vs. Pogboom!
Gucci Honcho vs. Sistas B4 Mistas
Turtle FC vs. Madhouse – Tie
OP Elites vs. FCF
Dream Team vs. Supreme Gods
Galaxy Stars vs. Gucci Honcho
Turtle FC vs. Pogboom!
Madhouse vs. Sistas B4 Mistas
Dream Team vs. OP Elites
Supreme Gods vs. FCF
Our 2nd Quarter Intramural on Wednesdays will be Futsal from 2:25-4:25PM!
- 5v5 Futsal League on Wednesdays – Late bus transportation available
- Up to 7 Players on a Team
- Team sign-ups begin on 11/1 – Get a team sign-up form during lunch
- Wednesday, 11/8 will be an Open Gym Futsal day
- Regular Season will run from 11/15 – 1/3
- Playoffs will take place on 1/10
- Student Championship and Teacher Game will take place on 1/17
Students can come to the gym after-late buses on Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays and play a variety of informal pickup games. Teams will be formed with the students who attend each day. For the 1st Quarter, we will follow the following schedule:
- Monday – Pickup Basketball
- Wednesday – Pickup Futsal
- Thursday – Pickup Futsal
- Parents should pickup students NLT 5:45 at Door 7
Tuesday & Friday
2:25-4:00 – Pink
4:00-5:30 – Blue
Lanier Futsal Academy meets on Tuesday and Friday in seasons during the Fall, Winter and Spring. Students who participate will have the opportunity to improve their technical skills and tactical knowledge while playing the fun and fast paced game of futsal! Our curriculum is designed to give players the tools they need to be successful through technical drills, possession based activities and small sided games. Each Futsal Academy season is open to ~30 students and is broken down into 2 groups based on ability. Tryouts occur at the beginning of each season – Fall, Winter, Spring. Tryout Sign-up will be available on the after-school website before each season.
Tryouts for the Fall Futsal Academy will occur on the following dates:
Friday, September 8 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Tuesday, September 12 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Friday, September 15 – 2:30-4:30PM – Lanier Gym
Students can register for a tryout using the form below. Due to limited space, students who register for a tryout will be given one tryout date.