Click on the image below to see the Lanier After-School Program’s Clubs-by-Day Calendar for Spring 2015.
Lanier Eco-Club students participated at the NoVA Environmental Showcase at GMU on Thursday, April 9th.
Students won various awards, cash prizes, and funding for a schoolwide project.
Congratulations to all the Eco-Club students for their hard work!
- Kid Wind Challenge: Ethen Pepper, Manish Balamurugam, Macie Chamberlain, Sarah Bengtson, James Seybold (Coach: Robert D’Souza)
- Caring for Our Watershed: Ryan Phillips, Mariam Shafik, Keivon Chamanara (Coach: Faiza Alam)
- Environmental Showcase: Carter Boggs, Sabrina Berzin, Tatum Lynch, Jonah Roberts, Luke Hylton, Trinity McCall, Sophia Loh, Mersal Nawabi, Charlotte Schababerle, Pavan Patel (Coach: Faiza Alam & Leah Dubray)
Lanier will be offering the Early Start Camp this August for any rising 7th Grade Lanier students! The 1 week camp is offered twice in August and will help rising 7th grade students make the transition from Elementary to Middle School. During this orientation, students will navigate the building, learn how to open lockers, practice rotating through classes and get to know students from other elementary schools. By the time the first day of school comes around, they will be confident that they know where they are going and what they need to do.
Early Start Session 1 – August 10th – 14th – 7:30AM – 11:30AM
Early Start Session 2 – August 17th – 21st – 7:30AM – 11:30AM
Registration forms will be available online and mailed home to rising 7th grade students in the coming weeks.
Download the Registration form here.
Read below to find out what students and staff who participated last year had to say about Early Start Camp!
When asked if they would recommend Early Start to rising 7th graders next year, all students and teachers interviewed said, “Yes!” Mrs. Vejar believes “this program would help all of the rising 7th graders. I’ve seen many students in the hallway helping others with directions/lockers – they wouldn’t have that expertise without Early Start.”
Spring Intramural Futsal – Wednesday/Thursday, 3:00 – 4:30
Lanier After-School Intramural Sports will run a Coed Futsal League this Spring on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Here are some important details about Intramural Futsal here at Lanier:
- Futsal is an exciting form of indoor soccer played with a smaller and heavier ball on a basketball sized court.
- Students form their own teams of up to 7 players to compete in our 5 v 5 Futsal League.
- Students must wear their PE uniforms when participating in Intramural Sports at Lanier.
- Teams are guaranteed 5 weeks of regular season play.
Check out the Schedules below:
Lanier’s Diversity Club will begin meeting on Thursday, March 11th from 3:00 – 4:30 in Rm. 212. All students are invited to attend meetings to plan ways to make Lanier a more accepting school:)
Lanier will take on Stone Middle School in the Lanier Gym on Friday, April 10th in the “Battle of Rt. 50″. Check out the flyer for more details and scroll to the bottom of this post to see the teams that will represent the Lanier Eagles!
Lanier 7th Grade All-Stars
Daniel Emmanuel Mbangue
Lanier Girls All-Stars
Lanier 8th Grade All-Stars